MARLTON, New Jersey: Based on the evolving information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Cherry Hill Programs is taking steps to prepare for any impact from the coronavirus, otherwise known as 2019-nCoV. Cherry Hill Programs is committed to delivering exceptional and memorable experiences for customers in a safe environment during this Easter Bunny season.
At this point Cherry Hill Programs’ preparations include a regular antiviral and antimicrobial treatment for the Easter Bunny costuming along with training the importance of hygiene, reaffirming the need for employees to practice frequent hand-washing, directing coughs or sneezes into one’s elbow, and staying home if they’re not feeling well.
Treatment of Fabric:
- The bunny mitts and gloves have been pre-treated with, ProShield® 5000D.
- ProShield® 5000D offers a patented, EPA registered technology for inhibiting the growth of a wide array of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, fungi, and yeast on textile materials.
- The treatment will last approximately 3 weeks after first use.
- Businesses that are opened for more than 3 weeks will receive additional mitts or gloves to use for the last 3 weeks.
- Switch out mitts and gloves every 2 hours. Disinfectant spray must be applied on the mitts and gloves after use. Let dry. Repeat every 2 hours.
- In between shifts the Bunny suit is regularly sprayed with disinfectant, a Lysol spray or similar product.
Recommendations for Employees:
In addition to all the normal things you do to stay healthy, these preventive measures are the same as for the flu or other viruses, according to CDC, including but not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is unavailable, direct coughs or sneezes into one’s elbow not the hands.
Use of an Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer:
- During each shift, regularly apply the alcohol-based hand sanitizer which includes Ethyl Alcohol 60% or greater. Cherry Hill Programs will provide hand sanitizer to the best of our ability.
- As available, hand sanitizer will be available to customers and staff.
Additional Instructions for Employees:
- Direct coughs or sneezes into one’s elbow to reduce the spread of germs.
- Call your manager and stay home from work if you are not feeling well.
- Stay in regular communication with your Local Manager, District Manager and local shopping center management with regard to new information and changes to these instructions.
In addition, Cherry Hill Programs is coordinating with its local partners and shopping centers on additional necessary steps in response to the guidance from the CDC and WHO to ensure customers who visit our Bunny experiences this Easter have a safe and enjoyable experience.
About Coronavirus (2019-nCoV): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
About the Antiviral Chemical Company:
ProShield® 5000D offers a patented, EPA registered technology for inhibiting the growth of a wide array of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, fungi, and yeast on textile materials. Unlike conventional antibacterial agents that leach from the surface and into the environment, ProShield® 5000D produces a durable biostatic finish that provides a physical piercing of the microbes' cell walls. ProShield® 5000D is an aqueous solution of an organosilane active material. ProShield® 5000D contains no solvents and is not flammable or corrosive. It is extremely durable and remains effective after multiple launderings. In addition to antimicrobial protection, ProShield® 5000D provides durable antistatic properties and lubricity on all types of fibers. ProShield® 5000D can be applied to a broad range of textile products, including bed sheets, towels, blankets, socks, bedspreads, carpets, draperies, mattress pads and covers, outerwear, non-wovens, shower curtains, upholstery, wallpaper, undergarments, uniforms, footwear, and outdoor equipment. Learn more at http://induscoltd.com/documents/Proshiedl5000D/5000D_Comercial_Laundry-1.pdf
About Cherry Hill Programs:
Cherry Hill Programs is the industry-leader in experiential photography. In partnership with nearly 900 signature shopping and hotel destinations across North America, Cherry Hill Programs delivers more than 10 million magical experiences annually with authentic Santas and Easter Bunnies for the young and young-at-heart. Cherry Hill Programs delivers unforgettable memories, captured with high-resolution digital images that guests cherish year after year. Delivering a magical experience. Every time. Learn more at www.cherryhillprograms.com.