About Your Visit With Santa
As we reopen our holiday experiences with Santa Claus at locations across the U.S. and Canada, we are eager to welcome back our Guests and seasonal associates with the health and well-being of all at the forefront of all our planning efforts.
In order to navigate this Christmas season responsibly, we have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We, along with third-party host venues and shopping centers, are all committed to a responsible reopening of our Santa Claus experiences.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our Guests, and Associates. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting our Holiday Experience and our third-party host venues.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting a Cherry Hill Programs experience, all Guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy.
For Our Guests
There are 5 key things to know before arriving at a Cherry Hill Programs experience, and they include:
- Face coverings are required for all Guests ages 2 & up.
- You will experience physical distancing practices at the set, including maintaining social distance in queues and physical barriers where space doesn't allow for 6 feet of separation.
- Advanced Reservations are strongly encouraged to promote social distancing and contact-less payments.
- Operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no special events outside of normal business hours.
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand sanitizer in high traffic areas.
It is our top priority to ensure the health and well-being of our guests & Santa, therefore, this year guests will not sit on Santa’s lap during their interaction, but will still have the opportunity to engage in conversation and a magical experience with Santa, while maintaining physical distance.
Cherry Hill Programs Staff Procedures
In addition to all the normal things you do to stay healthy, these preventive measures are the same as for the flu or other viruses, according to CDC, including but not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is unavailable, direct coughs or sneezes into one’s elbow not the hands.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments and modified Cherry Hill Programs procedures to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Face coverings required for all Cherry Hill Programs associates and Santa Claus.
- Cherry Hill Programs associates and Santa Claus will be required to complete a temperature check, prior to starting their scheduled shift.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures.
- Call your manager and stay home from work if you are not feeling well.
Stay in regular communication with your Local Manager, District Manager and local shopping center management with regard to new information and changes to these instructions.
Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure Guests and Cherry Hill Programs seasonal associates are aware of all these changes.
Guest Parking and Entrances
The shopping centers and host venues in which we operate may have restrictions and procedures in place to manage the flow of parking and guests entering/exiting their facility. Please follow all instructions as directed by signage and the staff at your shopping center.
- Santa Claus will be required to complete a health screening prior to beginning their employment with the company.
- All Cherry Hill Programs associates and Santa Claus will be required to complete a temperature check, prior to starting any shift.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
Face Coverings: All Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear face coverings when visiting a Cherry Hill Programs experience. All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops.
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable material is acceptable. Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.
Guests are required to wear face coverings at all times. The use of face coverings should not be seen as a substitute for physical distancing. Guests must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering.
Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.
Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options whenever possible during their visit to any Cherry Hill Programs experience, including debit cards, credit cards, Apple Pay, etc. Guests are also encouraged to opt for contact-less payment by making an advanced reservation to visit Santa Claus.
Advanced Reservations: All guests are strongly encouraged to make advanced reservations and appointments to visit Santa Claus. Walk-in guests will be accepted on a space-available basis. Advanced Reservations will be available and encourage at ALL Cherry Hill Programs experiences.
Managing the number of Guests visiting a Cherry Hill Programs experience has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests and Associates at any given time for each location.
Additional measures include:
Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the experience. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
Training: We are also training Associates to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines throughout their visit and in queues.
Cleanliness and Hygiene
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in throughout the experience.
Treatment of Fabric:
- In between shifts Santa's suit is regularly sprayed with disinfectant, a Lysol spray or similar product.
About These Measures
As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes at our experiences in response to local recommendations and guidelines.
Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a magical Cherry Hill Programs experience in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain proper physical distancing.